Tips in Preparing Tasty Home Cooked Barbecue
It does not take a genius to make a great tasting home cooked barbecue; it only needs imagination, creativity and a little bit of patience. A great tasting barbecue is cooked slowly with a moderate heat within a considerable length of time.
Barbecue is not like grilling which takes less cooking time since the heat temperature is much higher. The reason for such cooking method is to allow the flavors of the meat to be absorbed while making it tender. Most people exaggeratedly describe it as “falling of the bones”.
Trick and Tips
- A good smoker or grill is the most basic and important aspect of barbecuing. As mentioned earlier, the heat must be controlled and maintained. This is to prevent the meat from being burned outside and dry. In addition, choosing a good type of wood chips is also a factor. Since the smoky flavor that the chip gives add more appeal to your barbecue.
- Preparing the meat ahead of time is also important. It should be in a room temperature, and well marinated. The marinade you use is up to your own preference. It can be hot and spicy, sweet or some like it a little bit of everything. One should also remember to save the marinade, since it can be used to make your barbecue sauce. It will make the sauce better tasting because of the juices and meat flavors mixed into it.
- When cooking the meat, try not to get excited and flip it as you like. This will cause the juices and flavor to drip out of the meat then everything will be dry. Tasty barbecues are cooked with patience. Flipping it once to three times be okay, without pressing it. Covering the meat while cooking is also great in keeping the heat and infusing the smoky flavor into the meat.
- A little help from the kids is also a fantastic idea. Making the work less tiring while having some time bonding with your family. Giving the kids some easy chores or task during this weekend barbecuing activity would let them learn a thing or two about being responsible.
- There is also a theory of resting the meat first before cutting it. In this manner, you are allowing the juices to get back inside the meat thus making it tastier. Apart from it, you also prevent all the juices from running over the serving plate and making everything look messy. The theory is to allow the meat fibers have some time to relax and take in the flavors after removing from the intensity of the heat.
- Eat and serve with love. This way, all the family members will enjoy the food and remember the good things of the activity. Making home barbecuing stress and anxiety free will result to a more quality family bonding time.
Summing it all up, home cooked barbecue is great in many ways. Always remember that the best barbecue is mostly a product of patience and perfect fire-tending. For each part of the meat – the shoulder, ribs, brisket, etc., must be cooked in different length of time.
Only the best and keenest personal observation will allow an individual to master the skill of cooking home-made barbecues. Not to mention the fact that you also need to be keen in choosing your barbecue equipment and wood chips in order to come up with great tasting barbecue.
Weekend barbecue can be a source of family bonding time. Share the laughter and fun of cooking home-made barbecue with your friends and loved ones. It will not only allow you to indulge in its mouth-watering taste, but you will also get the chance to enjoy each other’s company.
Lastly, it releases your inner cave man attitude which is always craving for adventure and the great outdoors.
About the Author:
Ryan Rivera used to suffer from panic attacks for seven years. He now advocates healthy living as the best weapon against anxiety, panic and depression. You can read more of his articles at Calm Clinic.